Format a cd
First some explanations:
The Canon DC210 will only take 'minus' format DVDs (DVD-R, DVD-R DL and DVD-RW). Only the DVD-RW must be formatted (initialised) before use. During initialisation you'' be asked whether you want to initialise the disc in VIDO mode or in VR mode.
VIDEO mode: Once finalised discs recorded in VIDEO mode can be played back in most common DVD players, offering the best compatibility. However, recordings cannot be edited (deleted, rearranged etc) on the camcorder.
VR mode: You can easily edit the recordings on the camcorder. However, discs recorded in VR mode can only be played back with DVD players that are compatible with DVD-RW discs in VR mode.
My preference is Video mode - I can then play the disc on a DVD player and edit it on a PC.
Now, to initialise a DVD-RW
1. Press the 'FUNC.' key
2. Use the joystick to select 'MENU' - it's in the bottom left corner of the screen
3. Use the joystick to select 'DISC OPERATIONS'
4. Use the joystick to select 'DISC INITIALIZE'
5. Use the joystick to select either 'VIDEO' or 'VR' mode
6. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to confirm your choice
7. Use the joystick to select 'YES' to start initialising the disc
Close the menu only after the screen display returns to the 'DISC OPERATIONS' menu.
Don't forget to rate this solution once you've tried it !
May 11, 2008 |
Canon DC210 DVD Camcorder