Question about Computers & Internet
I would like to replace the hard drive of my lacie ethernet disk mini.
can i put a bigger hard drive or it has to be of the same size.
How should I replace & what is the procedure.
I managed to fix mine with a little bit of work.
This website has a readme file that specifies the partitions. You must be using Linux.
1. Plug the drive in a Linux computer, or use a Linux Live disk.
2. Create all the partitions according to the readme file. Use extended partition for the first "container". Linux Swap for the second partition. Use Ext3 format for the remaining.
3. Extract all the SDA6-8 files with bzip.
4. Use "dd" command to write those images to partitions sda6 - sda8 which you just created with this command: dd if=/dev/home/ubuntu/sda6 of=/dev/sda6 bs=512
5. Substitude /home/ubuntu above for the location where you placed the image files.
6. Once all 3 images have been written, the drive should be good to go. Put it back in the edmini, start it up and see if the website comes up. You may have the "format" the drive from the admin utility once its up and going.
Hope this helps.
use the "dd" command in
Posted on Mar 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2011 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
May 16, 2010 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Apr 29, 2010 | LaCie (300770) 250 GB Hard Drive
May 24, 2009 | LaCie (300770) 250 GB Hard Drive
Dec 21, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
Mar 24, 2008 | LaCie Ethernet Disk Mini, 500 GB Hard Disk...
10,085 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!