Just got yamaha rx-365 reciever and i have noticed all speakers are not showing on the front panel (only L and R) but they do show in the setup menu and i now have alot of static noise from all speakers...the only input i have currently is digital from dvr. ive checked the dvr audio settings and theyre all fine. my main concern is the speakers not showing up on the front panel...ive noticed if i run the setup proggie the audio sounds better and all show and when its done the audio is lower and the surround speakers disappear. Hopefully this makes sense =)
Re: yamaha rx-365 reciever not showing all speakers
I,m not familiar with the Yamaha but most receivers are set up the same way. In your setup menu are the speakers marked on in the display?. Your DVR needs to be transmitting in 5.1 to start with. If this is the case then make sure you select the correct audio function on the receiver.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
What speakers you have connected? This receiver supports only 6 and 8 ohm speakers (not 4 ohm). Also check if the ohm settings are correctly set in Advanced Setup (in standby press on the front panel STANDBY while holding STRAIGHT button). In this menu check the setting SP IMP. (speaker impedance) if it maches your speakers (6 or 8 ohm). Disconnect all inputs and also all speakers. With nothing connected, try to increase the volume. If it still will power off, the unit is probably faulty and should be repaired. If it does turn off only with speakers connected, check the speaker wires and the speakers, the problem will be there.
You can reset the settings to factory defaults via the Advanced menu - it should be in your manual (I have RX-V465). Do it from the standby mode. Press the STANDBY button on front panel (not remote) together with STRAIGHT button on the front panel. Now you are in the Advanced Setup. Scroll to the INIT menu and select ALL. Now you will have all settings in the default.
i just got the same receiver like few days ago im still leaning it too,it is a very nice receiver though. here is some settings to help you.
check this to make sure zone 2 is showing in the menu,
menu,basic setup, speaker set,extra should show zone 2 it might show zone b...presence...or none needs set on zone 2 hit the left a-e/cat button it is weird the right doesnt circle all around? i had to call crutchfield tech for that one(GREAT COMPANY!)so that is for the setting to make sure zone 2 is set up now some to adjust the volume.
menu, manual,options,zone 2 set. here you can set 2 features
max volume( the loudest it will play) inti vol(the volume that it will play at when it is turned on) the yamaha has alot of quirks to it but has a very nice sound. for second zone features and a easier receiver to set up i have onkyo and they are very easy to set up zone 2 olume and everything on the front panel. hope you dont have to try to program a universal remote to work it seems yamaha uses discrete codes that are impossible to find i tried one universal and can only get very basic features to work.
hope this helps you out,