Question about Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
one thing with GX series is that there were multiple network adapters used. if this is the onboard i would try this driver from dell's site.
if you dont have internet access on your gx260, youll need to download to another computer and then transfer it by flash drive or external hard drive.
once you have the driver on your gx260, then;
1. If you installed any of the network management utilities from dells site, uninstall those.
2. in device manager, find your network card, click on it and then remove it from the device manager.
3. shutdown completely (not just a restart) and then power up. all the new hardware prompts to come up and hit cancel to any of them.
4. find the dell driver package R54402.EXE, from wherever you have saved it to on flash drive, external hard drive or gx hard drive. double click on it to run.
5. once the installation is finished, reboot again.
If this doesnt solve it then there are several other drivers, but this is the most commonly used one.
If you still have problems with it, then reply in here and can help you further.
Hope this helps. and if it does, please dont forget to rate.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
Go to http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_GX260&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
There are 3 different drivers for your GX260. You may have to try all 3 before you get the right one working for you. By the way the link is to Dell driver downloads. Just put in your model and model number and you will get a list of all the possible drivers from dell for your computer. Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Oct 21, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Dec 17, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Oct 21, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Sep 16, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Jun 15, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
May 04, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Mar 01, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
2,621 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: