Question about Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
When ever i put batteries in my ti-83 calc. it gives me a solid black screen since I never actually turned it on i can't shut it off. I've read the solutions posted here and am willing to try them I just have one (1) question:
while holding down the del and clear keys and adding power is this a momentary shot of power or do i leave it on and hold the keys? for how long?
I had the same problem. If you hit 2nd down 2nd down 2nd down and keep repeating untill the screen clears it should solve the problem. i tried the other solutions that tried clearing the memory and they didnt do anything but erase the equations i had previously put in it (great). But this should work.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
I had a major issue with my calculator having a distorted black screen. It has sat for a long time and I replaced all the batteries and even called the TI support group, who unfortunately couldn't help me either. I thought all hope was lost but decided to give my computer repair skills a try. Here is how:
1. Take all the batteries out and remove all the screws from the back of the calculator.
2. Use the small screwdriver to pop open the top and sides of the calculator.
3. Once apart peel back the silver lining to reveal the green circuit board.
4. Look at it closely and you may find a couple of components that have a melted look.
5. If so use your small tool to carefully clean away the melted particles.
6. Reassemble the calculator and insert the batteries, backup battery first.
7. Turn it on and it should say RAM cleared. Your screen should be fixed and working like new.
If this doesn't work for you I am sorry. It did wonders for me and I had tried everything else. Good Luck.
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
My Ti-83plus was sitting for a long time, when i put in new batteries it would give me a black screen with little pixel blocks, and that was it.
Now, years later, I got it to work by trying a variety of solutions from this site.
What worked for me, fixing the black screen with pixels:
Use new batteries
After inserting new batteries hold down the CLEAR key and ON at the same time, for a few seconds.
After letting go your screen should say RAM Clear.
This worked for me on a calculator I have not used for years. :)
Posted on Oct 18, 2010
Things to try, in the following order:
1. Replace batteries with fresh ones from the store. Do this even if you replaced the batteries from "new" batteries you had in a drawer.
2. Replace the backup battery.
3. Take apart the calculator. Remove the 2 screws on the back-bottom. Next, use a thin plastic tool (credit card or spudger) to pry the edge of the calculator where the top and bottom casing comes together. The casing should snap apart. Next, like surge547 stated, check for any contacts or circuitry that may have residue or green "stuff" on it. Clean them off if you find any. Next check the contacts where the batteries go. Sometimes batteries leak and leave acid residue which can cause poor power distribution. Clean the contacts if necessary, I used rubbing alcohol. Its easier if you remove them from the back casing, they snap into the grooves if you look closely.
The 3rd step worked for me. I was getting a MEM CLEARED message each time the calculator was turned on. If i pressed a key, it would take 2-3 seconds to register. This was most likely due to poor power distribution, which caused the calculator to be slow.
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Be sure to try the 2nd + down arrow before trying anything. I had the black screen of death and replaced the AAA batteries and still had the black screen of death, so I replaced the back up battery. Still had the black screen, but before I tore the whole thing apart I tried the 2nd key down arrow combo one more time and it started working like a champ! I have had this calculator since 1990 and only ever had to replace the batteries.
Posted on Mar 27, 2013
FMWhatsapp gives you the ability to overcome the deficits presented in WhatsApp. You can put the WhatsApp status longer than 30sec, hide your active status, typing status. Not only these few features but also more interesting features are available in [url=https://gbplusmod.com/download-fm-whatsapp-apk/]FM WhatsApp Download[/url] . Like Customization Features, Privacy Features, and Security Features.
Posted on Mar 09, 2022
It is also a default gateway that is used worldwide by the various popular router and modem brands.
Posted on Nov 23, 2021
The site of https://apkzoid.com and https://baixefacil.com.br can help in a matter of any app or soft to download
Posted on Aug 26, 2021
Thanks for giving good information.
<a rel='nofollow' href="https://www.apkguides.com/download-touch-vpn-apk.html">Download Touch VPN APK</a>
Posted on Jan 30, 2020
I just turned on my TI-83 for the first time in years put in new AAA and black screen I was reading this site for info it said take out the batteries so I did including the back up battery then I put in new AAA without a back up and bam screen if that doesn't work
jon1234 comment should but i don't think you need to let the calculator sit for days to reset or any thing
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
I don't know why your calcuator won't turn off, but I think I might know why its black. Press the 2nd key on your calculator and then press the down arrow. Keep repeating, remembering to press the 2nd key before you press the down arrow. If what I think is true, after a couple of times doing this you will see your screen start to lighten, and see a number in the top right corner of your screen (the number will be around 8 or 9) Don't worry if you see the number and it doesn't go down when you press the buttons: it stays on the same number for a couple of shades, and then it changes.
I find that a number 7, close to a 6, is the best setting.
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
Having a similar problem would also like to know how long?
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
Well, if screen shows the RAM CLEARED message, that means your calculator is working. Just press the [CLEAR] key, message will be erased and you are ready to crunch numbers.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 1 Expert