Question about Yahoo Messenger
Try each of these in turn - if successful (or not) please feed back information to help others.
1) Since Internet Explorer is a vital tool in Yahoo (even if you use another browser as default I would recommend installing the latest version and update any support software for IE by using an update checker
2) Start with a clean browser
Download 'ccleaner' and run it through a couple of times,using the factory settings and the 'Run Cleaner' control until 0 bytes are seen to be cleaned following a scan
Run the 'Registry' from the left hand toolbar but 'Save' any changes after opting to 'repair' errors.
3) On the sign in page click 'Messenger' > Connection
Toggle between 'Connect direct to the internet' and 'Proxy setting' make sure the information is correct in the lower 2 boxes
4) Check these settings in IE (even if you have another browser set as default)
a) Tools > Internet options > Connections > Lan settings > check 'Automatically detect settings - uncheck other options
b) Tools > work offline - make sure this is NOT checked and has a red X through it
5) Disable your firewall and do a trial sign in
6) Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings-uncheck Proxy server and check automatically detect setting
7) Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > dial-up and virtual private Network setting > select your default connection > setting > check automatically detect setting
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
1. go to messenger menu
2. select connection preference/ preference
3. the tab will automatic select connection preference, if it doesn’t, select it manual.
4. change your internet conection type, for my problem i choose broadband(DSL/Cable).
5. Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections (tab) > Lan Settings (button) then uncheck the Proxy server checkbox and check automatically detect setting
6. Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections (tab) > dial-up and virtual private Network setting > select your default connection > setting > check automatically detect setting
Please rate my response!! Thanks, SF
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2017 | Facebook Social Network
on Nov 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Sep 04, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Oct 02, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Jan 08, 2011 | Nintendo Dsi Pink Console
Nov 04, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2010 | LG Ally Cell Phone
Jun 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2017 | Yahoo Messenger
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: