Ok guys here is the fix for vist and or windows 7 to make your scanners work
1. put your cd in the drive don't let it autorun
2. goto my computer then right click the driver that has your install disk in it
3. click open
4. then fine the drivers folder and open it
4. the file you see should be your driver for your scanner the number on this file should be the modle # of your scanner
5. right click that file then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's
6. after the install is done restart your computer
7.after the computer reboots go back to my computer and open the driver that has you install disk and open it (do not do auto open) like for this file start32.exe and right click it then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's (you may see something saying in any one of the steps that the driver or software u are trying to load dose not have a signature always click ok, allow, or indtall this sofe ware is old so it dose not have a signature)
8. after the install is done reboot your computer goto control panle and open it look for systems and open it goto device manager open it then look for your scanner it should not be hard to fine it's the one marked with the yellow flag
9. right that file then goto properties then click on it then goto update driver ( do not click driver update software in the same menu with properties) another menu will open up click on update driver it's just below the driver details box
10. now windows will update your driver when done restart your computer and y should be good to go
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The 9420 visioneer Scanner driver will run the 8900 scanner.
first,go to visioneer and download the .MSI file for the 9420. Run it. The driver files will be found in directory: C:\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\9420 Drivers.next, find the 8900 drivers.they will be in c:\ Windows\twain_32\vizscan8xxx. open the file and look for rtscan.dll Rename it old rtscan.dll.if you can't find them,either use Device manager to show you where they are. or you can reinstall the Driver(Xp\2000\Me\Win 89 from Visioneer site. Rename the rtscan.dll file which will be in the twain_32 folder(see above).
copy all the files in 9420 Driver file to the c:\Windows\twain_32\vizcsan8xxx folder. turn your scanner on.windows should find the drivers and install the scanner.
For the Visioneer OneTouch 5600 Flatbed Scanner in windows 7 go to the visioneer web site at http://support.visioneer.com/products/5600/downloads.asp and download the file 5600.303110.EN.exe. Then right click on the file name and select Trouble shoot compatibility. Do not connect the scanner until told to. Run the program using the recommend settings. That installs the drivers. It does not install the paperport support software but does install the monitor in the task bar. That is enough to use the scanner and save or print the scans.
.the Visioneer 9420 scanner program will run the 8900. You can run Visioneer 8900 in Windows 7, and Vista. uing thedriver for9420. Please type 'Can I run Vissioner 8900in vista?
you should see a web site for icrosoft forums that gives the steps involved to get your scanner to work in both Vista and Windows 7.0