Micrografx creatacard 3 gold - repeat only micrografx, not american greetings
Micrografx Creatacard Gold 3 was created back in the Windows 98 days and most likely the installer is a 16-bit installer. Windows XP worked OK with 16-bit installers, but Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, 8.1 will not work. There is a work-around I found ( I actually found this fix for installing Photoshop 7 under Windows 7) and it works! I was able to install Photoshop 7.0.1 under Windows 7 Pro x64 edition and it works great!
Perform a search for Install-Photoshop-6-or-7-on-Windows-7 or go to this website http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Photoshop-6-or-7-on-Windows-7. Under this website, Look at Method 3 of 3 .
Stuff you will need:
1. A working Windows XP -SP3 system where you can install the Free Scalable Smart Package. You may be asking why? You will need to install the Micrografx Creatacard Gold 3 on this system with the "Discovery Program" running so it can create a new 32-bit installer
2. A CD-RW or a Memory Stick where you can copy the new .MSI file created and run it from Windows 7 x86 or x64 bit system.
3. Download the Free Scalable SmartPackager program. This used to be called WinInstall LE but they have since changed the name. You can find the program here http://www.scalable.com/smart-packager-ce-msi-package/. This is Free, but you still need to register to get the software. The latest version as of last week is v2.0.2.
4. Printed out instructions from the website so you can follow along. Once you perform this, you may end up trying this for other "older" software as well.
1. Under your Windows XP - SP3 system, install the Packaging software called Scalable SmartPackager v2.0.2
2. Once you have installed the SmartPackage program, it is a good idea to Reboot your system so all files get updated properly.
3. Start the icon called Smart Packager.
4. Under Smart Package, make sure you are under the Welcome screen and click on the Discover a new Package under Common Tasks.
5. When the Blue Discovery screen pops up, click on the Next button
6. Under the New Package Information screen, type out Creatacard Gold3 or something that you like
7. Under the Output Folder, Click the Browse button and select a folder or location where you want the new Creatacard Gold3.msi to be saved. Make sure you click on the Show advanced Options box below and Then Click Next
8. On this screen, you will now need to Click on the Start Discovery. This is what the SmartInstaller program will use to see where all the files are being installed to, etc when you run the Creatacard Gold 3 installer.
9. Insert the Micrografx Creatacard Gold 3 CD in the drive and install the program like you normally would. Please remember to install any of the Extra Free fonts as well during this time since this will be the only time you will have to create a new 32-bit installer (unless you run this process again)
10. After the Creatacard Gold 3 program has installed, verify it is working by Running the program and testing out various things within the program. (This is while the Discovery is still running in the background)
11. Once you have verified the Creatacard Gold 3 program is running properly (under the Windows XP system) then go back to the Discovery window and click on the Red Stop Discovery button and then click on the Next Button.
12. Make sure the Add new package to Smart Packager is checked and then click on the Finish button. This will now save the new "updated installer" MSI file over to the folder location you specified under option 7 above.
13. Copy this new *.MSI file you just created and either burn it to a CD-RW or copy to a Flash drive and take this file over to your Windows 7 system.
Please note, these instructions are an overview and may not contain the entire correct order. The last time I performed this was back in January 2014 when I first discovered the article about using Scalable Smart Packager to re-create an installer file into a true 32-bit installer.
For me so far, the installer has worked with Photoshop 7 and several Photshop plugins like KPT5, KPT7, etc.
I make no guarantees that this will work in your situation but it could not Hurt.
Plus, should you have problems removing this program I would recommend you try this Free program called Revo Uninstaller v1.95. This is Free for Home/Personal use only.
Hopefully you can use the above instructions I provided and get this great program to work under Windows 7.
Please let us know if this process worked for you or not.