I have correct paper in tray but printer will not pick it up and on the rare occasion it does it tells me its the wrong paper which it isnt. its a kodak g610 printer using kodak extralife paper as supplied with the printer. its just over a year old and is as far as im aware otherwise in mint condition. we have maybe printer 160 photo's with it
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
common faults for poor feeding on lj5200
1, feed rollers are worn - replace
2, sep pad is worn ( cant seperate pages correctly)- replace
3, paper empty tray sensor actuator arm snapped - unable to raise cassettetray- replace arm
4. paper feed roller fail to turn- feed unit clutch assy faulty- replace feed asseembly
5.paper tray pass guide out of position (blocking feed path) - pin that holds in place has snapped- replace feed assembly
check if there is a paper at tray 1. if so, may be the printer is unable to pick up paper due pick-up roller problem. try to remove the tray and look in the middle, there should be a rubber like roller. if its too glossy it cant pick the paper.
I think it not the paper tray. It is the paper pick-up roller. When the
rollers get dirty or worn-out, the printer fails to pick the paper,
which results in paper jam. So, remove the paper tray and toner
cartridge and locate the paper pick up roller in the middle. Clean it
with luke-water and lint-free cloth. I hope this would fix the issue
From the start menue to printers and faxes go to your printer right click and select properties label the 4 drawers as to paper type and select continue, or auto continue to off.
-Carl, please let me know if this helps.
Not sure what printer you have but most consumer models don't actually detect paper in the tray. These machines will give an out of paper error if the paper is not picked up from the tray.
If the machine sounds like it is trying to pick up the paper but giving the error check and clean the pick up roller and look for something blocking the paper path.
hope this helps
Usually printers like to flash red under the following conditions:
1. Paper jam. So be absolutely sure there is no paper stuck in there, or that a piece of paper is not partially fed too far for the printer to pick it up as a new piece.
2. Out of paper, speaks for itself.
3. Wrong paper tray selected. i.e. you install the printer using default settings, but somehow, the printer is expecting to 'see' paper via an alternate input / tray. Check the printer settings to see if the paper tray matches the tray you are feeding paper too.
This one has caught me out many times.
Check all this ---------
1.check the paper pickup roller may be its not functioning
2.check the paper pickup sensor(clean this)
3.check the paper pickup tray for proper work.
4.check the gear of paper pickup.