Question about Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
1.Turn the printer off.2.Open Front cover.3.Press and hold X button.4.Relese X when the ! LED is illuminated. Note:Be patient as the LEDs will light up in multiple patterns before finaly stopping at !.5.Close front cover. Note:Observe that green button and 3 other LED will be illuminated at the same time.This is Home position.6.Slowly press X button until the 3 first LED are illuminated (paper,toner,light)Note:normaly this will require you to press the X button 11 to 13 times depending on the options and features installed.7. Press and hold green button until all LED flasch or strobe from left to right then relese the button.wait until this process stops with the same pattern as step 6.8.Press and hold X until the light pappern return to the pattern of four LED in the Home position.9.Turn the printer OFF.10.Turn the printer On.Note:if on a DHCP network, wait 30 seconds to see if the DHCP server/router sends out an IP adress to the device.11.Press green button to print a setting pages and observe that all the TCP/IP settings have been reset.12.Reconfigure the device using DHCP.Auto IP(zero configuration) or the IP Setup Utility.
This is my solution to the problem.//Oaklunde
Posted on Jan 06, 2012
Power off the printer
Remove the network cable
Open the front of the printer
Hold the Continue button
Turn the printer on
After the lights cycle a few times, let go of the Continue button
Close the front of the printer when the yellow light is on, telling you that there is an error (because the front cover is open)
There will be 4 lights that will be on, press the X (cancel) button and it will turn into one light. Hold the continue button down, it will print the Printer Settings Configuration page which will instruct you further.
Posted on Dec 08, 2010
Restoring the factory default settings
Do one of the following:
• If your printer is on a network, access the Embedded Web Server:
1 Type the printer IP address into the address field of your Web browser.
Note: If you do not know the IP address of the printer, print a network setup page and locate the IP address in the TCP/IP section.
2 From the Settings screen, click General Settings.
3 Under Factory Defaults, select Restore Now, and then click Submit.
• If your printer is connected to a computer by a USB or parallel cable, use the Local Printer Settings Utility for Windows or Printer Settings for Macintosh.
1 Open the utility.
2 Do one of the following:
– From the Local Printer Settings Utility menu bar, click Actions Restore Factory Defaults.
– From Printer Settings, click Factory Defaults.
Warning—Potential Damage: Restore Factory Defaults returns all printer settings to the factory default settings except Network/Port menu settings. All downloads stored in RAM are deleted. Downloads stored in flash memory or on a printer hard disk are not affected.
Or please download the user guide from this link and follow the instructions
Hope this will help you
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2013 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Dec 20, 2012 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
you need further assistance please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Oct 16, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Jul 09, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Please print printer settings configuration page. The page will explain the printer menus and change values. Menus are represented by Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load/Remove Paper light sequences. Menu Items and their values are indicated by Paper Jam and Error Light sequences
Here are the instructions to do that:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Open the front access cover
3. Press and hold the red Stop button while powering up the printer.
4. The lights should cycle, release it when the light stops cycling.
5. Close the cover once the ! light displays
6. The lights should cycle again.
7. Then press the Continue button.
8. This should print a Printer Diagnostics page.
9. On the Printer diagnostic page, Use the Utilities menu to troubleshoot printer problems
- Return the printer settings to factory default values.
- Sometimes resetting the printer to the original settings solves formatting problems.
- All menu items are reset to the factory default values except:
- All settings in the Parallel menu, Network menu, and USB menu.
- All downloaded resources (fonts, macros, and symbol sets) in printer memory (RAM) are deleted.
- Resources in flash memory are unaffected.
10. Please locate the value that would say "Factory Defaults".
11. We would need to follow the exact light sequence that you see for the "Factory Defaults".
12. Press and release the Cancel button to advance through the menus and the menu items to the one we would need.
13. Press and hold the Continue button until all the lights cycle to save the function/value.
14. Restart the printer.
Jun 16, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Apr 11, 2011 | Lexmark X4875 InkJet Printer
O cartucho de toner pode estar ficando com pouco toner:
? Remova o cartucho de toner eo cartucho de toner.
? Shake it dum lado ao outro para redistribuir o toner.
? Reinstale-o e verifique novamente para a condi??o.
Para obter mais assist?ncia, entre em contato com o Suporte T?cnico da Lexmark
Jan 20, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Oct 01, 2009 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
38,595 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: