Question about Audio Players & Recorders
Player takes in disc fails to spin disc therefore wont read disk. problem is intermitant.
Most DVD players that would not play a disc even with
a known good disc inside signifies that the llaser eye/lens is
not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak, dirty/dusty burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. dirty, dried up lubrication of the slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves) or some other components; and/or
4. dirty, dried up lubrication, defective spindle motor.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded;
5. relube, clean as necessary
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!