Question about Compaq iPAQ H3955 Pocket PC
Above information is not entirely correct. First, the Ipaq is not a phone, it is strictly a pda.
Second, Windows Mobile Device Center WILL work with Windows Embedded CE 4.. 2.
What it WILL NOT do is sync the device. What it WILL do is allow you to exchange files.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
In order to sync your iPAQ with Windows XP or earlier, you will need to download and install Windows Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 from:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx.
• You can use ActiveSync 4.5 only with phones that run Windows Mobile 2003 or later versions. ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center won’t work with Windows Embedded CE 4.2 or 5.0, Pocket PC 2002, or Smartphone 2002 phones. (To see which Windows Mobile operating system you’re using, if your phone doesn’t have a touch screen, click Start > Settings > About. If your phone has a touch screen, click Start > Settings > System tab > About.) To sync information to any of these phones, you must use a USB or serial cable and your computer’s Internet connection and File Explorer.
• You must use Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, or Office Outlook 2007 to sync your e-mail, contacts, tasks, and notes from your computer.
Download and install ActiveSync:
1. Click the download link on this page, and then click Continue.
2. Select whether you want to register for the Windows Mobile newsletter, and then click Continue.
3. Click Download files below, and then click Download (next to the Setup.msi file).
4. In the File Download dialog box, click Run.
5. Follow the instructions in the Installation Wizard to install ActiveSync.
Note: You must use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer the first time you use ActiveSync to synchronize information.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2010 | Compaq iPAQ H3955 Pocket PC
May 12, 2008 | Compaq iPAQ H3955 Pocket PC
Dec 10, 2007 | HP iPAQ H4150 Pocket PC
Mar 06, 2021 | Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop Desktop Computer...
Usually answered in minutes!