An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Error code U9
That code normally means you need to do some cleaning to the machine. The majority of the time it is caused by High Voltage arching.
1. Open the right hand door. About mid way down you will see an opening with a very fine wire in it. just a little thicker than a hair. Take a Q-tip with some alcohol and clean that wire. Also gently brush that area BEFORE cleaning with a q-tip to remove as much ink frmo the channel as you can.
2. Towards the top of that door, there is a metal strip, looks like a saw blade, has triangular points on it. I would assume it is pretty black now and not silver. Take a brush and clean that. then gently take a cloth dampened with alcohol and wipe it , very gently until you get it reasonibly clean.
3 Remove the drum cartridge and look for all the contact points. Mostly the ones on the lower right side. Clean all the ink ( toner) from that contact area and look around for all the other contacts to that cartridge.
I would say there is a 90 percent likelyhood this is your problem.
Low line voltage and line spikes can cause this problem, But far less likely.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No, in stand-by the exposure lamp should not switch on. What comes on in regular intervals is the heating lamp inside the fusing roler which can be seen from the exit side of the copies. The exposure lamp is under the glass and only comes on and print button is pressed and copy process begins.
if its a u9-1 code it is the lamp that is faulty. Sometimes it can be the connections either end of the lamp but normally the lamp itself. It will probably cost as much to fix as it would to get a new one to be honest