Question about Acer Aspire AS5520-5537 Notebook
I got a new computer for christmas. I noticed that it was slow installing games and opening programs. My old windows 08 is lightning fast compared to this. It was fast running the programs though. But when i got itunes i tried to import songs from a cd and it took 10 minutes for one song. I also noticed that in the task manager it says cpu usage is 100 while doing nothing. I compared this to a windows XP computer and noticed the CPU usage was usually at zero but would spike up to arround 30. Is this a problem with the computer or is windows 7 just slow??
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management.
4. Double click on Application.
5. Check for the errors.
6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors.
7. Search for the solution to this problem. Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow. b> Limit your Startup list: A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below. 1. Click on Start button.
2. Type "msconfig" in search option.
3. Double click on the file.
4. Click on Startup.
5. Uncheck all unwanted programs.
6. Close system configuration utility.
7. You are done. b> Uninstall unwanted program: Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps. 1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs.
7. You are done. b> Scan System for Viruses: Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program. b> Run Disk Clean Up: Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Now click on System tools.
5. Click on Disk clean up. b> Defrag hard disk: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter. b> Defrag Registry: You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
Posted on Jul 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2013 | Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
on Aug 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Aug 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2012 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Jul 07, 2011 | Biostar G31-M7 TE Motherboard
May 22, 2011 | Infogrames Monopoly 3 for Windows
It's the best of both worlds: The new Windows XP Mode lets you run older Windows XP business software right on your Windows 7 desktop.
Designed primarily with small- and medium-sized businesses in mind, Windows XP Mode comes as a separate download and works only with Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise. Windows XP Mode also requires virtualization software such as Windows Virtual PC. Both are available free on the Microsoft website.
Jan 23, 2011 | Borland DBASE 5.0 Upgrade Version Academic...
Jan 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2011 | Cosmi 3D Frog Frenzy for Windows
1,403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: