Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
WHT160N router installed per instructions, but HP computer will not connect to the internet not will HP laptop. Router buttons flash but the on button in the center will only turn on and off by removing the power cord. Is the unit defective ? I am attempting to use internet provider for both computers. I utilzed system wizard for installation.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button
If you have client devices, such as wireless adapters, that
support Wi-Fi Protected Setup, then you can
use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to automatically
configure wireless security for your wireless
To use Wi-Fi Protected Setup, run the Setup
Wizard, or refer to the “Wireless > Basic Wireless
Settings” section of “Chapter 3: Advanced
Wi-Fi Protected Setup LED (Blue/Amber) It
lights up blue when wireless security is
enabled. The LED flashes blue for two
minutes during Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
The LED lights up amber if there is an error
during the Wi‑Fi Protected Setup process. Make
sure the client device supports Wi‑Fi Protected
Setup. Wait until the LED is off, and then try again.
The LED flashes amber when a Wi‑Fi Protected
Setup session is active, and a second session
begins. The Router supports one session at a
time. Wait until the LED is off before starting the
next Wi-Fi Protected Setup session.
Posted on Jan 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT120N Router
1. You have an updated Easy Setup Key and would like to get additional computers wirelessly connected to the Internet.
2. You would like to perform the above task but do not have an updated Easy Setup Key.
3. You finished setting up your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router and would like to get a desktop with no wireless connectivity connected to the Internet.
4. You would like to wirelessly connect a computer to your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router using the Windows Wireless Manager.
5. You would like to give temporary Internet access to a visiting friend or relative.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Nov 21, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 22, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 20, 2010 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Jan 20, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 29, 2009 | Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Broadband...
Jun 05, 2009 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jan 03, 2009 | Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G Notebook Adapter...
Nov 17, 2008 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
1,093 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!