Question about Computers & Internet
Can I get utstarcom um100c modem drivers for windows 7?
1. Start the install process as normal, you will get to the section that asks you to plug in the um100c.
Windows will not automatically install these drivers for you.
2. Leave the setup program running and open up Device Manager
3. Find UTStarcom UM100C under unknown devices.
4. Manually search for the driver in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricket\QuickLink Mobile\System\driver".
After it installs there will be two more unknown devices in Device Manager. Repeat the manual driver lookup in the same location to install them.
5. After that go back to the setup program, you should now be able to click on Next to finish it.
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
After installation of my starcom modem,my sysystem is complaining of modem not installed
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Thank you for your post on the utstarcom100 modem/driver issue with windows 7.. I have searched the internet only to find it here. I should have checked here first as I also post and help people on this site. Thanks again! *******(*******5 STARS************
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2015 | Dell Bcm94154m Dell/inspiron 56k Mdc Modem...
for your download click htt
This device will work on win7, no problem. You'll need the install disc or the software.
UM100 win7 64bit
1.Double-click the quicklinkmobile.exe application from cricket. It will unpack a folder with the installation files in the same folder the quicklinkmobile.exe app is residing.
2.Go in that folder and click on start.exe, then click on install quick link mobile. Go through the normal setup as you normally would.
3.Once it finishes installing, connect your UM100 UTStarcom modem on a free USB Port. Don't open the Cricket Wireless application just yet.
4. Go to start menu, right click on Computer and select properties. Then click on device manager on the left. You will find the UM100 modem has an exclamation point on it.
5.Right click it and select update driver. Select "Browse mycomputer for driver" Option at the bottom. Click on Browse to select a driver from a location, then navigate to your root drive (usually C: and sometimes D then to Program Files (x86)/Cricket/Quick Link Mobile/System
6.Make sure you navigate to this cricket wireless installation folder. It should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricket\QuickLink Mobile\System. Once you find it click ok. Make sure "Include subfolders" is selected under it. Click on "next" and now it will install the driver.
7. After it installs, it will create two more Unknown devices with exclamation points. Wait a couple of minutes for the system to finish up installing that one before you continue with this instructions.
8. Now repeat steps 5 and 6 above for each of the two unknown devices until there are no more devices with exclamation points in device manager.
9. Now open Up Cricket Wireless application on your desktop or start menu, and continue with the normal modem activation of the wizard that appears. That's it! It will now detect the modem and activate it. Allowing you to use it.
10. Go and find whoever said you couldn't use this modem on 64-bit systems and punch them in the face.
11. Call me so I can punch them in the face again.
12. Enjoy your newly installed UTStarcom UM100 cricket modem on your 64 bit system. Ask Cricket to update their website with this information. Punch them in the face too for the sake of completeness
Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-mobile-broadband-devices/20339-utstarcom-um100c.html#ixzz22FHP7OMr
hope this helps
Jul 22, 2012 | Sabrent USB 2.0 NT-USB20 Ethernet Adapter
Mar 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2018 | HP Pavillion DV6227 Notebook
Jul 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
4,464 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!