Question about Philips SA5125/37 MP3 Player
Its plugged up but every time i try and see if it is charged, my computer says that it is not connected.
You will probably have to perform a Repair, but start simple:
1) Reset your GoGear - paperclip into reset hole while player is turned on
2) Restart your computer
3) go to www.usasupport.philips.com and follow the frequently asked question for your SA5125 - My player is not recognized by PC
4) Repair the device: (WARNING: this will delete all files off your GoGear)
1) Backup all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
My mp3 is say it die on me
i need help
Posted on Apr 01, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Nextar MA 166 MP3 Won't Charge
You have to install the software for the mp3 player BEFORE connecting the mp3 player to the computer, or else Windows XP will override the native drivers. That particular Nextar is not compatible with Windows Vista, so you may have a problem if you have a newer computer.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
I'm pretty sure I fixed a similar problem. Go to your device manager on your PC and uninstall the walkman driver. After this is complete just plug the walkman back into you Pc and the plug and play will download the driver again. This worked for me. My operating system is Windows vista.
Posted on May 29, 2009
I assume from your description that either you are running a version of Windows older than XP/2000 or you need a special driver. Here is a link for the driver(s) you will need. Just enter your model number and select your version of Windows. Download and run the file and you should be up and running shortly.
Posted on May 30, 2009
People on other posts said to get a wall charger and that'll work. We looked for one, but couldn't find one. We ended up using a usb camera upload cord that had the same connector. It charged just fine after that. We have a 180 Eclipse mp3 player...I'm guessing the cord connectors are pretty universal.
Posted on Apr 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2015 | Video Cameras
Oct 14, 2014 | Garmin nuvi GPS
Aug 31, 2014 | General Electric GE J1458W 14MP Red...
Mar 08, 2011 | Apple iPod nano MP3 Player
Jul 08, 2009 | HP Pavilion zd7000 zx5000 zv5000 presario...
Jun 08, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c250 (2 GB) MP3 Player...
Dec 30, 2008 | Apple iPod nano
Oct 17, 2008 | Apple iPod nano
Nov 01, 2007 | Audiophase MDP-1 Personal MiniDisc Player
1,675 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: