Archos 504 shuts off when I plug into tv and there is no sound, Help!!
I can record movies on my Archos 504 but when I plug it into the tv, it shows for maybe a second and then the tv screen goes blank with a no signal, but in the Archos you can see the movie playing, why is it doing that, can anybody please help me?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The same thing happens to me. I've noticed that it is on the dvds and vhs recordings (ie, copy protected) that this happens. The other files (downloaded from internet, tv, etc) play fine. I think it has something to do with copy-protection that allows files to be saved to device, but not transmitted out. This allows you to save and view your commercial recordings on the Archos, but not let the program to be sent to a recording device such as a dvd recorder.
1. Connect the archos to the TV ( using the 3 leads red/yellow/white into the TV or DVD player) and the other end of the lad, a single jack into the back of the archos mini set-top box. Plug the single jack into the "RV Output".
2. Then start playing a movie on the archos.
3. Then press down on the flat silver button on the top of the archos device. Your screen should turn black/blank. This means your sending your movie to your TV.
4. Tune your TV to find the Archos movie in the same way you would tune your TV to find another pay TV set-top box ( like cable TV or Satelite). Problem solved.
You can use the same steps to send archos music to your steroe. Just plug the audio leads (white & red) into your stereo instead of your TV.