Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
You have not specified what kind of connection are you going to use to get online on your PS3, i am listing steps below first for a wireless connection in case you have a internet connection with a wireless router or modem.
Make sure that your wireless Internet is turned on and working properly,Turn on the Playstation 3 game console and follow these steps below
1) Access the "Network Settings" screen under the "Settings" screen in the main menu.
2) Select the "Internet Connection" tab and select "yes" when the system displays a new screen.
3) Select "easy" on the new screen that pops up asking what type of installation you want to use.
4) Select "wireless" when it asks you what type of Internet connection you have.
5) Select "scan" on the next screen so that the system searches for all available Internet connections in the area.
6) Select your home Internet when the screen pops up displaying the available Internet options.
7) Save your settings on the next screen.
8) Test the connection to make sure that it works properly, also you would need to enter the secure password if you have set it for your wireless modem our router for wifi access in order to connect it with your PS3.
Now for connecting your PS3 through a wired internet connection you can follow the instructions given at this link, this is with diagrams for you to understand better.
Let me know if this helps and please do not forget to rate my solution
Wish you Happy Holidays and Happy Gaming
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Dance Dance Revolution DDR...
Jan 04, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 31, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 10, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Usually answered in minutes!