Question about Amana PTC153B50AJ Electric Heat Air Conditioner
I have disassembled the control side of my PTC153A50AD. After peering under the backside of the board (the facing side looks fine) I noticed some discoloring... When I removed the board I discovered it was shorted out... in a Big Way. It looked as if someone threw a screwdriver across the terminals. It is under the first large relay(?) from the left, where the most damage is and appears to have emanated from. I have no problem replacing the board,, but it seems to me that something else would have caused the problem in the first place. If so what? If not I will order up the board right away. I don't want to fry a new $140.00 board because of some unknown problem...
Before the replacement of board please check the fallowing:
- Check for loose terminals and re tight.
- Check compressor terminal post if terminal clips are tight.
- Check compressor resistance and terminal to ground resistance. And check your compressor is not stuck up.
- Check indoor and outdoor blower motor if not stuck up by rotating it with your finger, if it rotates freely then its ok.
- Check the resistance of both indoor and outdoor fan motor resistance and line to ground.
- Check your voltage supply if normal.
- Check the compressor and blower motor capacitor if good.
- Check the unit supply wire if not discolored.
- Check the terminal of your circuit breaker if tight.
If all of the above are ok then it is safe to replace your unit with new board
May be poor contact of the said relay may cause the blowing of your board. Volatage fluctuations is also the suspect or damage solder of the board due to heat.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2012 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 05, 2011 | Amana ARSE664BS Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 18, 2010 | Freezers
Sep 11, 2009 | Maytag MSD2655HE Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 28, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Feb 18, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER C3200 Color Printer
Dec 21, 2008 | Amana PTH123B25AJ Heat Pump Air...
Nov 04, 2008 | Amana D530M Dehumidifier
Jul 16, 2008 | Amana ASD 2624 Side by Side Refrigerator
337 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: