Question about Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
HI, i have a Panasonic lumix DMC-FS5 and it has worked perfectly for about 2 years. I recently took a few photos and my friend took my memory card out and tried to upload the photos onto her computer. nothing showed up on her screen so i said i would do them at home with my USB cable. When i put the memory card back in the camera and switched it on it said 'memory card error' then i could no longer see any photos! i switched the camera off again and the error message had gone so i took a new photo, i can see that one but my old ones were lost. Now i have taken some new ones and when i connect the camera to the computer they wont show up at all, i can only see them on my screen. HELP PLEASE! :-( i have heard i may need to format my memory card but does this mean i have to erase my current photos as they are very important to me and i need to upload them.
Did your friend use the "safely remove hardware" function when removing your card from her computer? That could corrupt your card if she didn't. Try this...take your card to a store like Walmart that has a Kodak picture kiosk. They can usually read everything on a card. There, you can print the pics or even make a cd of them. Afterwards, format your card in your camera.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
SOURCE: lumix dmc fs5 lens will
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success.
Posted on Jan 23, 2011
SOURCE: My lumix DMC-FS5 camera keeps
In the camera menu, you will find an entry for "copy" which gives you the option to copy the internal memory to a memory card. Once that is done, remove your card, go back into the menu and find "format"...follow the on-screen instructions to erase the internal memory and promise yourself to never use it again. After that, your memory card should work properly in the camera.
Posted on Apr 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2012 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Jul 06, 2011 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
May 25, 2011 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Mar 01, 2011 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Apr 29, 2010 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 / DMC-FT1 Digital...
Feb 19, 2010 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Dec 01, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Oct 20, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Mar 01, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Digital Camera
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: