My unit will not come on
You probably have a loose connection or component somewhere in the machine, or possibly the motherboard/computer system is non-functioning.
First, check all connections and components!
1) Make sure the plug in the back is inserted firmly and the wall socket is live.
2) The little switch by the plug should have the "I" end depressed and the "0" end up.
3) Check to make sure the back screen is inserted firmly, depressing the interior safety switch. (It will click when positioned correctly).
4) Try both the manual and remote controls. If the manual control work, but the remote ones do not, check to see if the little plastic battery shield is still in the remote. Remove it by pulling on the little tab. If that's not the issue, also try a new battery in the remote.
5) Remove the plug in back, and pull out the fuse to see if it is blown. If so, replace it with the EXACT same size fuse, available at an auto parts store.
If none of these troubleshooting steps works, then it would appear that the problem is in the computerization. Unfortunately, Vollara (new name for EcoQuest) is no longer servicing nor selling the Breeze. Your only option to get it fixed would be to find a dealer who still has some, along with extra parts, in stock. If you call Customer Service, they will give you some trade-up options. 800-989-2299. Use #16618 if you need a referral number.
Jan 25, 2011 |
Ecoquest Breeze AT Living Air Purifier