- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes, additional track is available from several places, such as Hobbylinc.com, and TowerHobbies.com. At this time, just after Christmas, they are out of stock, however. Walthers.com has them in stock (1-4-2011). You can find extra track on sale on eBay, as well. Be sure to get the track with the brass covers, as New Bright sells battery powered trains that use bare plastic track, which will not work with the 384. A Google search will turn up more sources.
There is no On/Off switch on the train. Power goes from wall plug to transformer, then from transformer to track clip, which must be attached to the track. A control line goes from the track clip to the controller. Mine has a green light just above the red On/Off button that will come on even if the engine and tender are not on the track. The tender does all the work, and must be connected to the engine and on the track. There are four sliding contacts between the tender wheels that provide contact with the track.
1. A track connector box. Looks like a "T". It slips under the track to make the track power connection. The transformer plugs into it (2 pin Molex type connector) and the command console (has an RJ11 telephone jack type connector on it)
2. A large square transformer. One end plugs into the wall and the other into the track connetor box.
3. The Command Console. Has the on/off button, forward, reverse, mute, sounds and speed contol on it .. has a connector that looks like a telephone plug.
Unfortunately... DO NOT look to New Bright for missing or non working parts. New Bright does not offer repair or replacement parts for thier products. :-( ....