Question about RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Rca p2937sg convergence

Had a board put in now he says needs a code to work is this true

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 113 Answers

He could need the orginal remote or atleast one that is close to get in the service menu for this set. If you did not have the remote or he didnt know how to get into the service menu this could be true.

Posted on Feb 04, 2008


1 Suggested Answer


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

3 Answers

R C A 52" Rear Proj. TV
You can find the service manual to answer all your questions usually for around 25$
If you need any other assistance please let me know.

Sep 12, 2008 | RCA Televison & Video

5 Answers

Convergence problem unchanged after replacing amps, etc.

The convergence is controlled by a separate power supply board and that board needed to be replaced.

take a look at the following web site information. Unfortunately, some RCA sets have manual convergence boards - which means you can do nothing but replace it and adjust the manual controls on the board itself.

But some of the newer ones (Maybe yours) can be accessed through the service mode. So, give it a try. I have also copied the part of the web site that gives the entry code to get into the service mode:


Read the _ SERVICE MODE WARNING _ before proceeding.

To enter service mode, push and hold the [Menu] button on the set. While holding, push and release the [Power] button, then the [Vol +] button.

You will now have some information on the screen: "P0 V0"

To actually be able to change these values, you must push [Vol +] on the remote so the information reads V76. Then pushing on the Channel +/- will change the "P" value.

P1 - 3 are error codes. If there is a problem with the set that can be self-diagnosed, the "V" will report the code. These codes are available in the RCA repair manual.

P4 - 7 control the horizontal size, shift, vertical size and shift.

You may also find a summary leaflet for the service tech clipped somewhere inside the chassis. The procedures for getting into the service mode, as well as the service items of interest will be there.

If you're attempting to adjust color or geometry errors, you'll need the Video Essentials DVD, Laser Disc or some other source of test material.


With luck, you MIGHT be able to adjust it back into better alignments.

If you end up needing service, the price of the convergence board - if you can get it from RCA Parts - should not be over $100, but I have not actually checked it lately - and it depends on the model.

The installation is quite time consuming, so it may take a couple of hours for a tech to install and align it.

In my opinion the $400 plus charge is way high. I encourage you to look elsewhere. Also, the RCA web site has a link to authorized service centers; you might try that, also.

Wishing you the best,

Aug 15, 2008 | Toshiba 57HDX82 57" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

My RCA wont auto converge and the red or green converge wont move how do i fix it

Convergence power supply board needs replacement. You can get replacement RCA boards from

Apr 27, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Convergence problem

Did you replace the convergence power supply board, or the Convergence board?

Sep 23, 2009 | RCA D52W23 52" HDTV CRT TV

2 Answers

Need of a Convergence Board for an RCA PROSCAN Model 80690WW1

You can order a replacement Convergence Board or Convergence Amplifier Board for this model (PS8069) from a major RCA parts distributor at the link below:

RCA PS80690 Replacement Part Convergence Board

RCA PS80690 Replacement Part Convergence Amplifier Board (2F27039-502)

Please note, these boards are no longer available from the original manufacturer (RCA) and only appear to be available from PTS.

Apr 08, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Convergence issue

convergence in the itc222 chasis is controled by three cuircit boards. when you select convegence option first try autoconvergence watch what happens closely. does your picture apeard bowed> if so then you more that likely have a convergence power board issue. IF you try manual convegence of the red or blue and if they move dont move eather left or right up or down then likely it will be the convergence amplifer board. Now if all that fails then there one more possibility the ssb or small signal board this board has the convergence processor on it. if this board is faulty then it willl take a tech with special equipment to replace

Dec 04, 2008 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Bad Convergence circuit board

rebuilt boards go to the have a lot of discontined boards

Nov 17, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Big Screen problem

What did you put in. convergence amp or convergence power. this is a rca hd52w59? i always ask the question in customer menu under setup can you see the option of convergence. if not this is the fl231 fuse problem. consult the article fl231 under tips and tricks section of my profile. the curved picture is an indication complete loss of convergence power. there is a board that does provide convergece power. The convergence on this set is controled by three diffrent boards. power,amp and the small signal board. the small signal board is the most expensive and most complicated to replace ussally a tech has to replace that.

Nov 08, 2008 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

3 Answers

Rca d52w2052 d523c10df itc222

The issue is the Deflection board. The Fl1231 is open. The Deflection board needs replaced

Nov 11, 2007 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA P52937 52" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76171 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1257 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6046 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides