Question about Sony Dvcam DSR-PD170 DV Digital Camcorder
I’m having an intermittent problem with my PD170 that relates to color. Occasionally, the image in the LCD appears completely red. It doesn’t loose any detail, but appears to be void of any blue or green. The recorded video is captured as it appears on the LCD. Sometimes I can shut the camera down and then turn it back on to resolve the issue, but this doesn’t always work.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Sounds like a problem with the image sensor, or an intermittent cable connection to the sensor.
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Video card failure.
2. Bad connection between video cable and LCD screen.
3. Bad LCD screen.
4. Faulty video cable.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
1. First of all, test the laptop video output on the external monitor. If you see same flashing lines running through the image on the external monitor, you have a problem with the video card. If flashing lines appear only on the laptop screen, the failure is not related to the video card.
2. Just in case, try re-seating the video cable connectors on the motherboard/video card and maybe the back of the LCD screen. It' s not likely but possible that connection is loose and reconnecting the cable will fix the flashing lines.
3. If re-seating the cable connectors doesn't help, most likely you have a faulty LCD screen. The LCD screen has to be replaced.
4. If replacing the screen doesn't help, try replacing the video cable. It's very unlikely that this problem is related to the video cable but there is a slight possibility of that.
Oct 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 25, 2008 | iLO 3200 32 in. LCD Television
Oct 08, 2009 | Sony Dvcam DSR-PD170 DV Digital Camcorder
Jul 29, 2009 | ViewSonic VP930b 19" LCD Monitor
Jun 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5920-6574 Notebook
Jun 09, 2009 | Sony Dvcam DSR-PD170 DV Digital Camcorder
Feb 24, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: