Question about Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort. (Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the light.
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it’ll show Classic Login box. Now type “Administrator” (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
1. Reboot your machine.
2. Press F8 before the Windows boot screen appears.
o Do not press F5 as used on the NT/9x series of Windows.
3. You will be be prompted with a boot options menu.
4. Select the Start Windows in Safe Mode option.
5. Click through several self-explanatory screens until your reach the familiar 'Welcome' screen.
6. Note that this welcome screen is limited to 256 colors and 640x480 resolution because the primary graphics will have been set to the Windows Safe Mode software VGA adapter. You will not be able to change this mode even in Display options, while Windows is running in Safe Mode.
7. Find the icon for the Administrator user. If the default settings of your system haven't been changed, there should be no password for this account.
o The Safe Mode Welcome screen might display some of the other users on your system.
8. Login as the admin.
9. Press Yes at the prompt asking if you would like to continue using Safe Mode.
10. Continue on to the User Settings control panel. Here you can change any of the other passwords for user on the machine. Make any changes you want.
11. Reboot your computer. As long as you don't press any keys (i.e. F8) during the boot-up the computer will startup normally.
12. Login as the user for which you set the password.
Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten password by using “Reset Disk”. If you created a Password Reset Disk in past, you can use that disk to reset the password. To know more about it, please visit following links:
Comparatively, using windows password Recovery Tool utility is a reliable and convenient method for solving the password problem. Normally, the program can easily reset the password to “Blank” with no -reformatting or installation. Do all the job for you automatically. Unfortunately, it is not safe to use some free recovery tool to recover windows password. So here is the recommend recovery tool：windows password Recovery Tool 3.0 .
Offical site: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com
you could see the recommendation of articlesbase.
If it doesn't work above ,I hope that you have some hacker friends.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
If you lost windows password or do not know the password. I think the best solution is making a windows password recovery disk with the third part utility. The disk works perfectly to recover windows password to “Blank”.It is also useful for administrator password recovery, you can wrote it to an blank CD or USB flash drive to recover administrator password. Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.
more info: http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
It depends on the type of password. If the password is before windows begin's to load, then it is a BIOS password or HDD password. These are hardware based and require the assistance of Dell Tech Support to reset. If the password if to enter WIndows, then you can:
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2015 | New Music
Dec 26, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Feb 15, 2013 | PNY 2GB microSD Memory Card
Nov 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M20-S257 Notebook
Dec 09, 2009 | eBay Auctions
Dec 01, 2009 | eBay Auctions
Sep 15, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet S-10
May 26, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2300 PC Desktop
712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!