Question about Cameras
Olympus IR-300 with Fuji XD-card, 256MB. Camera sometimes just stops and closes, saying "picture error". I cannot look at the pictures nor download them. To keep taking pictures I need to reformate the XD-card. But then I loose the pictures of cours. Why?
I am having the same problem with my Olympus Stylus 790SW. Not the same camera, but also an Olympus using the x-D card.
When I use a USB Card Reader (Lexar USB 2.0 Mult-Card Reader), my computer will recognize that there are photos on the card. I attempt to download them and after a short while errors begin to pop up saying that the data is corrupted or not readable.
I then remove the card reader from the computer and place the x-D card back in the camera and find that the pictures are now gone and the camera is giving me two options: 1. "clean the card" or 2. "format the card". I don't want to format the card because I don't want to lose my photos. I removed the card and wiped it with a dry cloth and tried it in the camera again, but continued to receive the same error message.
However, when I use the supplied USB cable that came with the camera and connect the camera directly to the computer, I have no problems with uploading images. It appears to only be a problem when using the card reader.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a way to recover the photos from the x-D card? In the future, I will not use the card reader, but I would really like to recover the 200+ photos that I had taken at Christmas with my family.
In this case you should use recovery software to see if you lost pictures can be got back. Recommend you have a try of Wondershare Photo Recovery, a program which can recover lost pictures, videos can music with both Windows and Mac version, you can free download the program from the sites,
(For Windows Users)
(For Mac OS Users)
1. Download and install the trial version on your computer, then connect your camera memory card to the computer (I assume you are using Windows). Start Wondershare Photo Recovery and select the drive letter that assigned to camera memory card.
2. Then choose the file type (all, photo, video, music) click "Star Scan".
3. Now the scanning process will start automatically to look for the deleted items. You will then get a list of all recoverable ones.
4. Preview the photos. If your deleted ones are found, then you need pay to get the activation code. And click "Recover".
1. Take the free trial version before you buy.
2. Before your deleted items are recovered, do not save more files to the card. I hope you good luck, Merry Christmas!
Posted on Dec 23, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2011 | Fuji FinePix A345 Digital Camera
Jul 13, 2010 | Fuji FinePix A340 Digital Camera
May 05, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
Mar 11, 2010 | Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom Digital Camera
Mar 29, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S1000FD Digital Camera
Aug 25, 2008 | Olympus Cameras
Mar 13, 2008 | Fuji FinePix A340 Digital Camera
Nov 18, 2019 | Cameras
226 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: