I have a Coby MP3 player MP610-4G SN 024090076167 that freezes up - approx 4-5 times per hour - I've used the reset button on the back and the problem still persists - what else can I do?
I don't know that this will solve your particular problem but I just answered another similar Coby issue less than an hour ago, so I'm going to copy my recommendation here.
It sounds like the Coby operating system is corrupted.
going to recommend you try the following procedure with one catch; I'm
assuming you can turn the unit on and at least get a menu. If not this
procedure isn't going to work.
NOTE: The following procedure will erase everything on your Coby so be aware!
Essentially, we're going to reformat the unit using Coby's own format routine.
1. Power Unit On
2. Scroll through your main menu going to your right. From "Music" ---> to "Settings"
3. Under "Settings" you will have another menu. Look at the bottom choice called "Sys Tools"
4. Select "Sys Tools" and you will have a series of options, choose the second option "Format"
5. Select "Format" and follow the prompts
6. Wait for the routine to complete
7. Power unit down
8. Power unit back up and reconnect to PC
9. Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to see if the unit is recognized, and it should be at this point.
10. You should be set
some reason, the operating system for the Coby gets corrupted and this
is the only way I know to fix it short of sending the unit in for
repair, which isn't an option really. (Cheaper to buy a new one)
Hope this helps you or anyone else that has unexplainable problems connecting to the Coby MP-610 / MP-620.