Question about Televison & Video
If you have a Brookstone remote control this will work for you.
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following:
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control, keep in mind when not trying to use this sequence with any other remote than a Brookstone you might have to have the unit on when doing this, then it will turn off when you have the right code. I would try the first option first.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• The unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Hope this helps, let me know if I can help you with anything else. It would be very kind of you if this does work for you to please rate me or leave a short note. I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Posted on Nov 01, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2014 | Televison & Video
Aug 13, 2013 | RCA DIRECTV Satellite Remote Control
Visit this site for more details. Type in the site name "Electro-help" either Google or Yahoo search box [not
in the address bar of your browser], and click search. It is an electronic equipments service help
site. All details you want are
there. Note the position of
hyphen in between words in site name, when you type it in. The site will appear as it is in
web; subtitled as service help to electronic home entertainement equipments.
Pull up older posts.
You can get all details.
Check associated ads too.
Sometimes, it might help you.
May 23, 2012 | Sony RM-V301 Remote Control
Oct 08, 2010 | Televison & Video
Aug 23, 2010 | Televison & Video
Mar 14, 2009 | Televison & Video
406 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: