Question about Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
So yeah everytime I try to turn it on it just freezes on ZEN v, and after pressing reset it just repeats the same thing. I've tried downloading the firmware for it, but my pc nolonger detects my player either, so that doesn't work. This happened out of the blue and I've only had it for like a half a year. Any suggestions???
Detach your player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
If the player stops responding, you can reset the player. To reset the player, gently
insert a thin object into the Reset hole located below the power switch.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on your player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button.
It will display the following options:
Scans the player and removes invalid links from its music library.
Does not affect music files themselves.
Caution! Erases all content!
Save a copy of your player's content before formatting.
Reload OS/ Firmware
Caution! Erases your player's firmware.
DO NOT select the Reload Firmware option unless you have access to a PC and you have downloaded the necessary firmware to install.
Reboot Reboots the device.
· Make sure you have media player 11
· If you can, the best test is to try your player with another PC, to see if you still have the problem. This localises whether the problem is with the PC (most likely the USB) or the player. See the link below (search on "connection problems") for a lot more troubleshooting on this.
· Download recovery tool off creative's website.
· go to my computer > click on hardware tab >
click on device manager button > in the is next screen on the bottom should have>>universal serial bus controllers
(write these down just in case it cant find them)
right click on them and uninstall
reboot let windows reinstall them
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2014 | Vizio VF550M 55 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 19, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 08, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
Sep 08, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Jul 24, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Jun 27, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: