Question about Kenwood KDC-MPV619 CD Player
3. Simplified method of clearing the security code
(K Type only)
1. While the code entry is requested, press and hold the
VOL UP key for 3 seconds while holding the DISP key
pressed. (This should turn "----" off.)
2. Enter "KCAR" from the remote. (Same way as the 01
Press the 5 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "K".)
Press the 2 key on the remote 3 times, then press
the Track Up key. (This enters "C".)
Press the 2 key on the remote once, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "A".)
Press the 7 key on the remote twice, then press the
Track Up key. (This enters "R".)
3. The security code is cleared and the unit enters the
ALL OFF mode.
4. If you commit a mistake in the code entry, the unit
enters the code request mode again.
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
I had the same problem with my kdc-mpv619. I had bought a new truck that didn't have a remote and the screen says enter code. You do need a remote to fix it, but what they don't tell you is a universal remote will work. I used my direct tv remote and looked up all the codes for kenwood.
The one that worked for me was 30337 (not sure if that would work for you).
1) The way I tested it was go to my stereo and I held down the display button + volume up button. (This should remove the - - - - sign but it will still say CODE).
2) Then you press the 5 button on the remote and if the screen says CODEK then you know the remote works.
3) Enter the code KCAR (the display will say CODEKCAR)
4) Final Step is hold do the fast forward button (>>) on the screen.
It should work for you after that ;-)
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2012 | 2001 Honda Accord
Jun 10, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Feb 14, 2011 | Kenwood DNX5120 DVD Navigation System GPS...
Sep 28, 2010 | 2004 Jaguar X-Type
Jul 24, 2010 | Kenwood Car Audio & Video
Mar 07, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Voyager
Apr 11, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Mar 30, 2009 | 1998 Acura CL
Jun 18, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
756 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: