Question about Lexmark JetPrinter Z55 InkJet
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on Oct 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2010 | Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 30, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 13, 2009 | Lexmark Z2420 Printer
Apr 04, 2009 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 08, 2009 | Lexmark X2350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 15, 2008 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
May 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Feb 26, 2008 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 08, 2010 | Lexmark JetPrinter Z55 InkJet
334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!