My TV was on in the morning I went to work shut off TV. When I came home it would not turn back on. It is only 3 years old. There is a red light that is on in front but no picture or sound. I hear a click then nothing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Something is preventing the power supply from operating:
Possible causes in order of likelihood:
1) Convergence amps failed overloading the supply (See if you can disconnect them)
2) High Voltage circuit has died. (Right on schedule since your TV is 10 years old)
3) One of the CRTs has shorted
4) The power supply itself has died (Is there a lot of dust covering it?)
See if you can isolate the failure by working down the list.
Hope Ya Fix it!
If you lost the picture and even the menu does not show up on screen, then I will bet that your high voltage has shut down or the computer has stopped the picture because it has detected a fault in the vertical circuit. In either case this is something that cannot be reset with the buttons or remote and should be handled by a qualified tech.