Question about T-Mobile MDA
My phone will not charge what may be the problem
I had a problem with charging my MDA using a usb cable connected to a computer. And I used a different adapter to charge it and nothing worked so I used an adapter from my SDA to charge the MDA and it worked my sda adapter is hardly used so try using the adapter that comes with the phone if not try another soloution.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
If the unit is not new have you checked the status of the battery and is it a manufacturer's battery - some units are quite sensitive to that.
The problem may also be with the charger
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
First of all, be aware that the MDA can NOT charge unless the OS is fully loaded. If for whatever reason your battery gets fully depleted, you have to do the following (it involves ruining a 5 $ cable and doing some surgery):
- first, go out and buy a new USB-to-mini-USB cable, unless you have 2 already (or one and the original charger)
- take out the battery
- take the USB-to-mini-USB cable, cut off the mini-USB plug and expose the four wires
- strip the red (+) and black (-) wire and twist the copper ends of each wire now CAREFULLY attach the right wire to the right connector on the battery and tape it there so it stays firmly on
- put the cable in your (running) PC or put the charger in the wall socket let the battery recharge for an hour or so, then put it back in the Wizard and reboot
- now when it is fully rebooted, you need the second cable to charge your Wizard completely, the way you're used to.
Worked for me! I've kept the ruined cable, just in case it happens again.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
SOURCE: Broken USB Port on T-Mobile MDA
Use a T-6 Torx driver to remove the four screws and use a fine point soldering iron. Takes about 30 minutes to do it slow and carefully.
Posted on May 19, 2008
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2010 | Nokia N900 Smartphone
Jul 23, 2010 | Nokia 1600 Cellular Phone
Jul 23, 2010 | Nokia 1100
Jul 23, 2010 | Sony Ericsson Walkman® W880i Cellular...
Jul 17, 2010 | Sony Ericsson Z610i Cellular Phone
Jun 02, 2010 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone
May 04, 2010 | Samsung SGH-d807 Cellular Phone
May 02, 2010 | Nokia 2600
Apr 28, 2010 | Motorola Mobility SLVR L7 Cellular Phone
Apr 21, 2010 | Motorola Mobility BT50 Cellphone Battery
Sep 11, 2017 | T-Mobile MDA
Dec 04, 2013 | T-Mobile MDA
Usually answered in minutes!