You can modify or change port in the printer driver to connect it through LAN cable. Please notice whether you use static or dynamic ip address. Please follow below step.
In the following step we will modify your existing USB connection. Check it out!
- Open printer driver list.
- Right click on the printer drive name (e.g Canon IR2270).
- Select Properties.
- Click Ports tab.
- Click Add Port, then select Standard TCP/IP Port.
- Click New Port.
- Click Next on add port wizard menu.
- Type IP Address (for static ip setting) or Printer Name (DHCP), then click Next (computer will search the printer).
- When the printer has been found, finish the wizard.
- Close Add Port menu.
- Now you have new port represented by IP Address or Printer Name (with checked box active) in port list .
- Click Apply.
Bingo! Now your printer ready to print via LAN. Sometimes printing right after setting this new port not always succeed. Don't be panic. Restart both of printer and the computer.
Next time you want to connect the printer via USB port so you change port back to USB. Just simply check on the check box next to USB Port in port list and click apply. You may need to restart both printer and computer too :)
Have a nice day!