It's important to follow the instructions carefully and if you have any doubts or difficulties, consult the printer's user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- Check to make sure that the paper tray is loaded correctly and that the paper is not jammed in the printer.
- Make sure that the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly for the size of paper you are using.
- Check to see if the printer driver is up to date. Outdated printer drivers may cause the printer to not be recognized by the computer. You can download the latest driver from the Kodak website.
- Check the USB cable that connects the printer to the computer to ensure that it is properly connected and that there is no damage to the cable.
- Restart the printer and the computer and try to print again.
- If the issue persist, run the printer troubleshooter, it might help you to identify and fix the problem.
- If none of the above solutions work, it is possible that the printer's paper sensor is malfunctioning. In this case, contact Kodak customer service for further assistance.