Some TV models have a USB port so that users could play videos and movies from USB
on TV. You can try the following steps:
1. Connect your readable and writable USB drive to computer
2. Copy your movies to USB drive and then disconnect your USB drive from computer.
3. Connect the USB device to the Sony TV USB port. Turn on the connected USB device if necessary.
4. Press the HOME button on Sony remote controller to open the menu.
5. Enter the target USD drive.
6. Select the file you want to play back, and then press the play button to start playing movies on TV via USB drive.
It's quite easy to play movies from USB on smart TV devices.