First if you have a broke LCD " Cracked" than ok its bad.
but if the back-light
is not working and you cannot see a image easily
it most likely is something else.
- remove the case screws
- remove both sides of the case
- on the lens side their is a shinny black piece of tape VERY carefully remove it
- release the ribbon cables
- take off the battery door
- de-solider the red and black wires closes to the battery door REMEMBER how they go
- turn the camera over
- on the right hand side there it you control board or cable
- VERY VERY carefully pry up the control board it can rip very easily
- now you can remove your LCD you might have to pry it up CAREFULLY because it might be taped down.
Hope this helps It is not that easy to repair digital cameras
if you feel unsure about the repair leave it to the experts it would only cost you around 85.00 + Shipping to have the camera fixed. I repair these all the time and Know it is not that easy to fix.