The issue you have posted does require little more information in order to isolate the issue to fix it. Information like have you installed the printer driver and connected the printer cable to the system in your system for the printer to communicate, are you getting any error messages when you are trying to scan or print, weather you have used the printer earlier and it was working fine till the recent past or it was just being used for sending faxes only and printing and scanning was not tried earlier,
However let me provide you few steps that you cold try to fix the issue.
- Click on start point Control Panel and click on it.
- In the control panel window click on the icon labeled “System”
- Click on the Hardware option at the top and then click on Device manager.
- On the device manage page check if you have any devices under “Other Devices option with a YELLOW ! mark, if so right click on the device and left click on uninstall.
- Close all the windows and then insert the Driver disk for the Printer in the CD/DVD Disk Drive to install the drivers for the printer.
Note: At this point of Disconnect the printer cable if it is connected to the system tower, and do not connect the cable until the installation wizard prompts you to do so.
If you do not have the Printer driver disk handy then you can download and install the printer driver form the link below:
Brother MFC-3340CN Printer & Scanner Driver USB (Free Download)
Brother MFC 3240C Printer & Scanner Driver USB (Free Download)
- During the installation the wizard will prompt you to connect the printer USB cable to the system tower, so go ahead and connect it.
- Once the installation is finished restart the computer.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the
printer or even require assistance regarding any other
computer related issue in future please feel free to
contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.