Below are the steps for the resetting of the password. Below the steps is the link for the service manual. On page 113 is the picture of the jumper pads that need to be "shorted" to reset the cmos.
Steps for Clearing BIOS Password Check
If users set BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) for a security reason, BIOS will ask
the password during systems POST or when systems enter to BIOS Setup menu. However, once it is
necessary to bypass the password check, users need to short the HW Gap to clear the password by the
• Power Off a system, and remove HDD, AC and Battery from the machine.
• Open the back cover of the machine, and find out the HW Gap on M/B as picture.
• Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the HW Gap.
• Plug in AC, keep the short condition on the HW Gap, and press Power Button to power on the
system till BIOS POST finish. Then remove the tool from the HW Gap.
• Restart system. Press F2 key to enter BIOS Setup menu.
• If there is no Password request, BIOS Password is cleared. Otherwise, please follow the steps and
The steps are only for clearing BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and User Password).