Re: we changed the ink and the red light and green
Some times you need to find the epson tools that comes on the CD to reset the printer. If you have upgraded the computer you may need to update your drivers at the epson sight. Once you have opened the epson tools try cleaning the print heads. then it should reset the inking system to default and read the new cartridges. If this doesn't work try shutting down the printer and removing the ink cartridges, restart the printer and allow it to find no cartridges the go through the process of reloading the ink cartridges again and cycle the printer.
If this doesn't work you may need to try and find a cleaning cartridge for the print heads. Since the printers always check to see if ink is getting to the print heads if there is no ink flow it will always come up like there are no ink cartridges installed.
Hope this helps
Make sure paper is in properly they can be very picky about that. Try turning it off wait three minutes and turn back on. Then Push Paper refill button Wait for cycle and see if paper light stays off if so... Push the ink button
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello and Welcome to FixYa! Sir/Ma'am If the Check Print Cartridge message is shown and Red Light Flashing then it means that Either ink Cartridge is not installed properly or the function for detecting the ink level is disabled. For it Make sure that you install ink cartridges at correct position as indicated by the label on the print head holder. Press push mark until ink cartridge click into the place. If you are sure then you have installed ink cartridge properly then try following to stop the flashing of red Light.
Lift the lid to the printer (cartridges are on the right side.)
Turn the printer off, then power it on again.
Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts.
Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct.)
Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
Reconnect the power cord. The power and the resume lights (green and red) should be on.
Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and close the top cover.
Now Turn On the printer, Mostly this issue is resolved by this, But if still you get the message and red light still flash then surely its an issue of Ink Cartridge, your ink Cartridge is defective, You need to change the ink cartridge, Your problem will be solved. I hope this solution helps you.Don't hesitate to let me know if you still have some confusion in your mind. Please Rate my solution as "Maximum Stars" and then give your Words of Appreciation as a Feedback. Thank you Sir/Ma'am for taking my service and fir using FixYa Concerned: Muhammad Uzair Team : FixYa
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
It's possible magenta ink to be finished, or the print head is dirty and it has dry ink on it. You must clean it with hot water. You must use the printer from time to time to avoid to dry the ink cartridge or print head.
Flashing alternately mean waste pad full. Reset using SSC utility or Adjusment program/resetter. But, you must replace cartridge before. Turn off printer, unlock carriage lock (left side of carriage at parking position). Move carriage by hand to replacement position. Replace ink tank. Reset using the resetter.
Look at the indicator light on your Lexmark
printer. You'll need to replace ink cartridges when the light flashes or
turns red instead of the standard green.
Purchase Lexmark ink cartridges. You can buy the brand name
or purchase a generic version that is compatible with your printer. You
can shop for low cost ink cartridges from ABC Ink.
Remove the old cartridges from your printer. Grip the sides
of the Lexmark ink cartridges and pull it out. Dispose of the ink
cartridges in a recycle program like the one at Staples or save the
cartridges for refill.
Install the new ink cartridges after removing the protective
tabs. Avoid touching the IC chip when installing the new Lexmark ink
cartridges. Replace the cover of the printer.
Allow the Lexmark printer to run a nozzle test. Print several
pages with the new ink cartridges to make sure you installed the ink
cartridges correctly. The indicator light should return to a solid green
im so sorry for the inconvineince that your having on this printer but let me help you.
Red paper and red ink light flash alternately and green power light is off
Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. If the lights are still on, that means the printer is having a hardware issue
Green power light is off; red paper and ink lights flash (quickly)
possible problem: The printer may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and turn it on again. If the lights are still flashing , that means the printer is having a hardware issue
zark4, The green light flashing means you have print jobs waiting to be printed. Don't Turn Off The Printer When The Green Light Is Flashing ! If you have paper in the printer, the red light means you have an empty ink cartridge. Because both things are happening at the same time, here's what you need to do. First click start. Click printers and faxes. Double left click the Epson C-60 Icon. Left click Printer and click Cancel all documents and click yes, then exit. Remove and reinsert your new ink cartridges to make sure they are seated correctly. After you have done this and the printer finishes the automatic charging of the ink cartridges, the lights should be back to normal. Green light on.
If the light are flashing, it mean waste ink full. You must clean waste ink pad, and reset the counter. You can use SSC, find at indoreset.blogspot.com. But,.. you said the light are on. try to resinstall driver. after printer recognised by comp, check status monitor. Green light on is power on, and red on mean chip error/ink out error/cartridge error.