Hi, The heating elements on my Kenmore flat top stove have quit working. This includes the four elements on top of the stove as well as those in the oven. The circuit breaker for the range has not been triggered.
The clock on the stove and the light in the oven still work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Glass ones work best, but any heavy metal will also work. Heavy gauge not heavy weight. The lighter metal tends to bend and warp after a lot of use. If the bottom of the pans are not absolutely flat, these stoves will not heat the pan very well, which is why the glass cookware is the best to use, since it will not warp.
Unplug the element from the receptacle and then disconnect the receptacle from the point where it plugs into the stove. Now, carefully, turn on power to this heating element. If nothing happens then you have removed the likelihood of a problem in the large portion of the stove's wiring. Next, plug the receptacle cable back into the stove without connecting the heating element. Again, carefully turn on the power to the heating element in question. If there is no spark then the cable, connector and receptacle are ok. If it does spark, replace the receptacle and cable assembly. No spark, then inspect the heating element where it connects to the receptacle. Look for melting or signs of damaged insulation that would allow for a "dead short". If you see damage to the element then replace the element. No damage, clean the connections with a toothbrush, and plug the element back in and turn on the juice. If it sparks again, replace the element. Good luck and be careful. Don't attempt any of this if you are inexperienced in working with electricity. 220 Volts can cause death or serious injury... just the flash from an arc can cause blindness and burns.
bottom element need to be replaced,unplug unit,and open the oven and unscrew the screws that hold it inplace,pull it out slowly and detach the two wires and replace with a new one install in reverce order