Need help to reassemble Swingline Optima desk stapler
I had to take it apart to clear a jam and now I can't figure out how it goes back together. Swingline is completely useless and despite a support section on their website, they offer no support at all to repair or reassemble their staplers nor any manuals. I will never buy another Swingline stapler again since all they want to do is sell them but not support them. Horrible customer service for what should be a reputable company.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert that has over 500 points.
You must have purchased the Swingline Stapler that is actually a Paper Weight. Do you have the 747 model, the one the airplane of named after?
Sometime the imbeded PC fails, preventing the robotic controls to release the staple or to reassemble automatically.
Please return for a complete replacement and a free trip to Disey Lane just pay for transportation, tickets, lodging, food, shipping, packaging, and handling. Have a nice day and thanks for flying with us.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes the rectangular insert where the staples sit on, gets dislodged. On the underside of channel insert is a spring and when correctly seated is in between the tabs of the bottom piece. If the insert isn't in between the tabs, it sits too high and makes it difficult to open and close the staple tray. The staples will jam.
Using the wrong or style ofstaples, overfilling the machine and stapling through too-thick materials can causeOptima to jam.
Now follow these steps:
1. Holdthe base down as you lift the top of the Optima stapler to access the stapletray.
2. Removeall the staples from the tray so that you have access to the jammed staple.
3. Turnthe stapler upside down and shake it to clear out staples you can't reach withyour fingers.
4. Gripthe jammed staple with the needle-nose pliers and, while holding the staplersecurely, pull it up.
5. Twistthe staple until it breaks into two pieces if it will not pull straight out.Pull out the two individual pieces.
The Optima stapler line bySwingline is designed to be jam-free when Optima premium jam-free staples areused. Using another , style or brand may cause frequent jamming.
Hope thiswill help you. Good Luck.
You need to open the stapler from the back. Push the black piece at the back of the stapler in, then pull it up and out. Remove the jammed staples, and reinstall. Make sure you use the correct staple . It appears to be: SWINGLINE 35550 HIGH CAPACITY STAPLES, 3/8"