Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Manual for sale at link below. (Remove spaces that were needed to allow FIXYA to show web link.) https: //www .servicemanuals .net/KENMORE/11028062800/1674279/detail.aspx
Glad I could help you out. Thats a good site for service manuals and parts as they have excellent service manuals and top quality parts. Congratulations on a job well done.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
I can't explain why the link isn't working for you, because I just went to my "Tips and Tricks" section and the link you mentioned is still there. To avoid a possible bad hyperlink again, I cut and pasted the instructions from the link for you below. If you are experiencing the "Fdl" error code, it is an indication of a door latch malfunction. The following steps explain how to replace the latch:
This advice is for replacing the door latch on the Kenmore Elite or Whirlpool Duet FRONT LOADER washing machines.
1. Unplug washer.
2. Remove the outer portion of the door bellow. This is the gray rubber boot around the door. Feel around the edge of the door bellow where it attaches to the front of the washer. You will find a wire retaining hoop in the seam between the rubber and the front case. Follow this wire hoop to the bottom of the door bellow and you will find a tension spring. Carefully, stretch this spring apart and remove the wire hoop.
3. Pull the rubber bellow from the door facing on the front of the washer being careful not to rip or tear it. Once removed, fold the rubber backwards inside the drum so you can access behind the front panel. DO NOT remove the rubber bellow from the wash tub.
4. The door latch assembly is located behind the front panel of the washer on the right hand side. Locate and remove the three screws on the washer front that hold the door latch assembly in place. The whole assembly should come free from the washer front and be held by a plastic mounting bracket and several wire connectors.
5. Carefully remove the latch assembly from the plastic mounting bracket BEFORE attempting to unplug any wires. It makes it much easier to access if you do.
6. Unplug the wire connectors using care not to break any of the wires. You may want to write them down, but I believe they will only plug into their respective slots.
7. Remove the old door latch and install the new one in the reverse order of the steps I just presented to you. Plug the wires back in first, then place the whole assembly back into the plastic mounting bracket, and then reattach to the front of the washer.
8. Now, when you get the reinstalling the rubber door boot, you may want to get the assistance of a second pair of hands as it can be difficult sometimes to manipulate the wire retainer back into place. Carefully reattach the rubber bellow to the door facing on the front of the washer first.
9. Starting at the top of the door bellow at the 12 o'clock position begin inserting the wire hoop back into the groove. Work your way around with both hands to the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. (This is where you could use those second pair of hands). While holding a slight downward tension on the wire hoop to keep it in place, pull the tension spring apart enough to snap the remaining part of the hoop into place at the bottom. Once you've completed these steps make sure the door closes and latches properly. NEVER slam a door with an electronic latch. They can break easily.
Now plug the washer back in and test operate. NOTE: You can run diagnostics on these washers by referring to the tech sheet provided by the manufacturer. The tech sheet is located behind the lower panel under the door, or along the interior cabinet walls. Included, are instructions on how to run diagnostics and troubleshooting tips associated with the list of fault codes. It is recommended that this tech sheet remain inside the washer to prevent it from being lost.
Good luck and I hope this information is helpful.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Open this link (click here), you'll find more lists of more than 130 proxy server addresses. I can't guarantee since I have no knowledge about the security features and measures implemented in your network. But I hope, at least few of them will definitely work for you.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2018 | Kenmore Grilling
Jun 09, 2014 | Dryers
Feb 15, 2014 | Kenmore Dryers
Feb 23, 2013 | Dryers
Jun 07, 2012 | Kenmore Dryer Sears Elite
May 13, 2012 | Honda Pantheon 150 Motorcycles
Jan 16, 2012 | Kenmore Dryers
Oct 17, 2010 | Dryers
May 11, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
May 11, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: