My newly bought scanner starts with cracky noise everytime it is turned on and the display panel shows "scanner locked". I tried to look for the "unlock switch" but can't find any there. Does Samsung CLX-2160N comes with scanner lock switch? How can get my scanner unlock?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the scanner's display locks up or does not work properly after you connect a power source, you might need to reset or initialize it. If you have problems with the scanner, first try to reset it to retain the memory. Warning: Initializing the scanner will clear all channel memories and reverts it the state it was in right out of the box.To Initialize the scanner, turn off the scanner then turn it back on. Press 0 when the welcome screen appears. 'Please select factory tests. Exit if no key is pressed' will briefly appear. Then quickly press 1. 'Initialization clear all memory Enter to confirm Clear to exit' will briefly appear. Quickly press ENT to initialize.'Initializing, Please stand by'then appears. Do not turn off the scanner while it is initializing. The display should then show M000 on the top line and Bank 0 CH 00 when finished.
If all channels are showing the lockout icon, and all are displaying the frequency 000.0000, you just need to program the scanner. Entering a frequency will remove the lockout.
If all are showing lockout and programmed frequencies, and the scanner will not function, you need to initialize it. This procedure will erase all data that you have programmed into the scanner and restore it to original factory settings.
- Turn the scanner OFF, then power it ON again. "Multi-system Trunking Scanner" shows on the display. - Press 0 - Press 1 - Press ENT "Initializing please stand by" shows on the display for about 5 seconds.
Do not turn the scanner OFF until initializing is complete and the display shows "M000" on the top line and "Bank 0 Ch 0" on the third line.
Need more information on your scanner? You can download/print the operating manual here:
The check engine light should be on. Rent a scanner, read out any codes, and pursue to repair(s). Funny noises at start could be problems with the starter motor, but you say that the engine turns over, which seems to rule that out. Hope the scanner brings you success!
Found this: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/a940/a940en1.pdf
Page iv identifies the location of the scanner lock
Page 44 contains the following
• You unlock the scanner bed. For help locating the scanner lock, see the picture of the printer on page iv.
Page 51 contains
Unlock Scanner message The scanner is locked. To unlock it: 1 Press Power to turn the printer off. 2 Use both hands to lift the printer (scanner unit) until the scanner support holds it open. To the left and beside the scanner support is the scanner lock. For help, see page iv. 3 Pull the scanner lock toward you to unlock the scanner. 4 Using both hands, lift the printer (scanner unit). 5 Push and hold the scanner support back. 6 Lower the printer (scanner unit) until it is completely closed. 7 Press Power to turn the printer back on.
If the LCD on the operator panel constantly displays black bars/boxes or other unusual characters, take the following steps:
1. Disconnect the power supply from the printer.
2. Wait for about one minute, then reconnect the power supply and check the LCD display.
3. If black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying constantly, move the power supply to a different power outlet.
4. If the black boxes/bars or unusual characters are still displaying, the scanner ribbon cable may need to be reseated. Do the following:
1. Lift the scanner flatbed. (Open the printer as if attempting to install cartridges.)
2. Look in the back right corner of the 6150/70 for an access cover.
3. Press firmly on the front right corner of the access cover to reseat the scanner ribbon cable that is located underneath the access panel.