Question about Exercise & Fitness
Treadmill shows error during countdown timer and motor does not rotate.
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Because you are hearing the lift motor making a noise, it sounds like the gears in the motor are bad. The fix is to replace the lift motor.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
This is a speed sensor error. Unplug the unit then remove the motor shroud locate the power board with LED lights plug in unit locate the 5v DC if this is on then replace the speed sensor.The sensor is located on the frame by the front roller pulley or on the Drive Motor itself. Call IconFitness @ 1800-999-3756.
Posted on Jun 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2016 | Exercise & Fitness
Feb 04, 2013 | Exercise & Fitness
Nov 11, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Oct 01, 2012 | Ironman Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fitness...
Jul 16, 2012 | Shopzeus.com Spirit Fitness ET288 Esprit...
I will try to help you, please be patience and carefully, use basics tools:screwdriver, hex,allen, Dvom.
Troubleshooting: ERR2 - Motor Movement
Since the motor moves when you press speed up, focus on the optic sensor, its wire connections, and the
optic sensor wheel. If all seems well at the sensor, inspect the motor.
??? Optic sensor wheel - Make sure that the optic sensor wheel rotates securely, without wobbling, in the
middle of the optic sensor. Realign and tighten if necessary. If optic sensor wheel teeth are missing or
bent, replace the optic sensor wheel.
??? Optic sensor wires - Make sure that wires are inserted securely to the optic sensor and to the drive board.
Check wire continuity.
??? Optic sensor - Turn on unit power. Turn the motor flywheel with your hand. The optic sensor
indicator (LED10, drive board) should light. . If it does not light, and all parts above are
good, replace the optic sensor.
??? Motor arcing - Does the motor show signs of wear - irregular arcing, carbon dust?
??? Motor brushes - Do brushes show signs of irregular wear - cracks, dents, lines? Replace the
??? M+ M- Wires - Make sure wires are connected properly.
??? Display main IC - To ensure proper signal processing, press down on the main IC on the display
board, marked U5. .
??? Ribbon cable - Ensure that the ribbon cable is attached at the drive and display boards. Check cable
If you need additional help, please reach me.
sincerely. God bless you.
Oct 21, 2011 | Proform 730 Folding Treadmill Model...
Jan 06, 2011 | Cadence Exercise & Fitness
Jun 26, 2010 | York Barbell Home Use Fold-Up Treadmill
Nov 16, 2009 | Endurance TF3i Folding Treadmill
Oct 31, 2019 | Life Fitness 95ti Treadmill
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: