Question about The Computers & Internet
Even when you do that it doesn't really update it just updates the software so that it looks like you can update the maps but when you touch to update it just tells you, you have to get an updated map for about $100.00 US. This is bull because you pay upward of 400.00 for this GPS. Then you have to pay pay and pay out of pocket over and over again. So there should be a way to update the map without coming out of pocket every year. The really funny thing is that I got mine about 1.5 years ago and the maps were about 3 years old if not more. Now they even want money to update POI now. Which they probably charge the owner of a business to have his address and number available for the consumer that has this line of GPS available? Tom Tom should probably take a look at other brands like Garmin for instance and see why they are doing so much better in sales because there maps are better. But like any computer its always the software that make it or breaks it in this market.....
Posted on May 18, 2008
Yes there is a manual. But you need to look up, "Setting up WiFi on Windows Mobile", not the device name, since the OS is what your actually setting up. These directions below should work though...
1) Go to Start (menu) | Settings | Connections (tab) | Connections (icon) | Advanced | Select Networks (box) | You should see a "My Work Network" tap under it, on Edit... (box) | Proxy Settings (tab) | and check the top box "This network connects to the Internet" only then tap | OK
2) Now make sure that both settings show "My Work Network" you may need to reset the first one, then tap | Ok | OK | X | and soft reset your device. Note that you must back out the way I have described or the settings may not stick!
3) Then click Start (menu) | Settings | Connections (tab) | Connections (icon) | Advanced | Network Card (box). Ok, here you can do one of two things, if you see your Network Name (also called SSID) here tap on it to edit it. If you do not see your name here tap on "Add New Settings..." to create it. Otherwise if it says Network Name and this is blank, enter the SSID or name of your network, this will be controlled by the Access Point if you are using one.
4) The Important thing for us is we want to set Connects to: to "Work". This way this network will allow us to both browse the Internet, and Sync to our PC.
5) If you've configured WEP, indicate this and enter you WEP key. The passphrase won't work so you will need to enter on of the three or four generated keys that the router created using your pass key.
That should be it.
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Testimonial: "thank you for your time.it´s working:-)bye and thank you for help.kastan"
The voltage should be good. It is possible the Infra-red emitter tube might be at fault.
The night vision can work under a full moon, so test the vision part to make sure it is working correctly. If you have an infra red/IR remote control for your TB set, you can test the might vision using that remote to see if the night vision is working.
You can use a second working unit to see if the illuminator is actually working. The illumination is not visible light without assistance.
Posted on Feb 02, 2012
As long as the voltage etc are the same and it is a suitable replacement for the particular model of DS then Yes you should be able to get and use a charger from you current country if after you have bought a new charger and it still does not charge it could very well be the charging socket or battery has failed and needs repairs or replacement depend on what has failed. I hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 01, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2018 | In Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 03, 2013 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Sep 01, 2012 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Nov 12, 2011 | Samsung C3050 Cell Phone
May 18, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Jan 12, 2010 | Roundup VCT-2000 Toaster
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: