Question about Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric Single Oven
We just moved into a new house with a kenmore oven, and when we plugged it in after a few minutes it started beeping and showing an error F-1 Message.
what can i do about this to make it stop? cancel stops it but only for a few minutes then it restarts.
F-1 is not good. It basically means the EOC (electronic oven control is bad). There is a little test here for a little info:
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/craig_3fa289bf857b1a3c
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Testimonial: "Really appreicate it. Too bad its not an easy fix but the good thing about being a tennant is that I can just make my landlord do it. Great help. "
Kenmore oven model#911 41085890 beeping and error message F7????
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Feb 06, 2011 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Aug 26, 2010 | Kenmore Ovens
Aug 22, 2009 | Kenmore Ovens
Dec 17, 2008 | Kenmore 47772/47774/47779 Electric Double...
Aug 08, 2008 | Kenmore 42161 / 42169 Electric Single Oven
May 13, 2008 | Kenmore 30169 Electric Single Oven
Feb 23, 2008 | Ovens
Oct 08, 2007 | Ovens
593 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: