Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
The console should come off by placing a putty knife under the front corner of the console. Push straight in, while lifting up. The console should pop off exposing two brass colored clips that hold the main body on. Remove the clips and the whole casing should come off the frame. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Aug 08, 2007
SOURCE: remove console
The console can be removed in a few different ways depending on your model number:
1. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
2. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Some consoles have screws in the back that require removing before the entire panel will slide forward, then lift back.
Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
You should post back with your COMPLETE model number (located on a nameplate under along the wash tub opening under the lid) if you ruin into any difficulties. I hope this helps you.
PS Is there a reason why you are removing the console?
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located on the left-hand side near the lid hinge.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
Disconnect your Kenmore Oasis washing machine from its power source. Make sure that your washer is unplugged before beginning to disassemble it.
Remove the screws that hold the control console to the top of your Oasis washer. In some Kenmore Oasis models, the two screws may be covered by plastic end caps. After removing the screws, set them aside until you are ready to replace them.
Flip the console up, back and out of the way.
Locate the cabinet clips on the top of your Kenmore Oasis washer. These clips are located toward the back of the washer top and would be hidden by the console if it were not currently flipped up.
Slide your screwdriver underneath the metal cabinet clips. Wiggle the screwdriver back and forth to gently pry the cabinet clips free.
Disconnect the group of colored wires that plug into the top of the washer from the control console. These wires control the lid switch on your Kenmore washing machine. To disconnect, grasp the white plastic clip and pull gently.
Remove the washing machine cabinet. Tilt the cabinet towards you, and then lift the entire cabinet up and off of its platform.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Sep 26, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jun 23, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Apr 24, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Feb 18, 2010 | Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. Oasis Canyon Top Load...
Sep 19, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jun 06, 2009 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
May 17, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jan 17, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jan 10, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis 27042 Top Load Washer
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: