An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Icemaker not making ice
If water is also not com out of dispenser then filter should be changed. If water dispenses but ice ice is not being made, the sensor arm or infrared sensor may be stuck or blocked. If sensor is OK then ice maker needs service.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you changed the filter than water may not have made it to the icemaker yet. If you have givin it 24hrs than check these.
There are only 3 things that will prevent an icemaker from not making ice.
1) Temperature in freezer. Most icemakers require that the temp in the freezer is at a minium of 6 degrees. If the thermostat in the icemaker is not reading this temp or below it will not let the icemaker call for water to make ice.
2) Icemaker. Is the arm on the icemaker in the correct position. Most models the arm should be down to operate and up to be off. Faulty icemaker. The internal components of the icemaker may have went out.
3) Water inlet valve. If the silinoid for the icemaker on the inlet valve is stuck it will not allow water to the icemaker. Over time inlet valves wear out.
Troubleshooting- Check the temp in freezer. If not 6 degrees or below you have another problem with your freezer. If at 6 degrees or below and you have ice and water through door unplug fridge, switch the two hoses from the inlet valve (NOT Possible on all inlets so check to make sure you can remove the hoses by pushing in on the cylinder that hose feeds into and pulling hose out) Switch the hoses than press the water through door feature. If you get water inlet valve is good. If you dont have ice and water though door than have your inlet valve tested. If inlet is good and temp is good replace icemaker. If you have any questions or need further assistance please respond. Thank you
Replace the water inlet valve after making sure the tube which fills the icemaker is not frozen . If it is , replace the valve anyway . The valve is the piece which connects to the line to the wall on fridge .
Hi: Change or just remove the water filter first. As your water dispensing slowed that is a clue. If the water filter is that clogged it will cause a problem with the ice maker. Plus the water you drink is not filtered anymore. City water is being run through 2 years of crud. If you don't replace it just remove it. I hope this helps, Jeff
are the "fingers" of the icemaker pointed toward you and slightly up? if not the icemaker is internally broken . is the red light to the right blinking twice and then a one second pause? if not the emmitter is broken. is the black hose coming from the ceiling blocked with ice ? if so the water vave is broken allowing water to seep in hose and freeze. hope this helps.
what position is the icemaker rake (teeth) in. normal position when not in harvest is at 2:00 if in anyother position its possible you have a bad motor module and gear. really nothing to do witht he filter at all.
if the module cks ok, look at the fill tube, ( black hose coming out of ceiling of freezer above icemaker) check to see if its frozen up. if so use a hair dryer and warm the tube up. these are the 2 most common issues i see.